Monday 10 August 2015

Netball Tournament By Jaimie

Last Thursday a group of students in grade 3/4 and 5/6 competed in a netball tournament in Parkville at the Netball Centre. We competed against seven other schools from all around Melbourne. The first game we drew, the second game we won, the next four games we lost and in our last game we drew.

For the first few games our team played on the surrounding outside courts. It was wet and it was cold - a few of the students on both teams slipped. After the first few games we moved to the inside courts where it was much warmer and drier.

My position was Goal Defence (GD), the job is to defend the Goal Attack (GA) from scoring goals. I also played Centre (C) where I had to make sure the ball moved towards our end. I swapped with my sister every half so we could learn different netball positions and skills.


It was so much fun but really tiring. I liked learning netball skills from the older students and my coach.


1 comment:

  1. Hi guys its Aliah here the story of the netball tournament got me entertained and I liked it when I played as long as we lost won and drew we still participated in it from Aliah (: 0: ):

    ReplyDelete